INCITE – Centre for Innovation in Science and Technology is a multidisciplinary R&D centre, focusing its activity mainly in applied research and experimental development. There are currently 7 areas of research:
- Automation, Robotics and Control
- Construction and Rehabilitation
- Structures and Geotechnics
- Engineering and Management
- Hydraulics, Environment and Landscape
- Information Systems and Informatics
The centre seeks to make a strong contribution to the community through partnerships and collaboration with local and regional administration, public institutions and the industry.
INCITE was created in January 2019 and is based on Barreiro School of Technology of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal.