External Advisory Board
Di´dia Isabel Cameira Covas
- Domain of activity:
- Fluid Mechanics;
- Computational Hydraulics.
- Present research topics:
- Hydraulic transients in pressurized pipes (unsteady friction, FSI, cavitation);
- Energy efficiency in water supply systems (energy auditing, energy recovery);
- Water losses control (leakage).
- Member of CERIS - Civil Engineering Research and Innovation for Sustainability - hosted by the Department of Civil Engineering, Architecture and Georesources of Instituto Superior Técnico, University of Lisbon;
- PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Imperial College London, England;
- Master of Science in Hydraulics and Water Resources, University of Lisbon, Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal;
- Associate Professor at University of Lisbon, Instituto Superior Técnico.
Nuno Vilhena Lourenc¸o
- Board of Directors of IPMA;
- PhD in Marine Sciences, University of Algarve, Portugal;
- Professor at the Algarve University;
- Author or co-author of 26 scientific publications in peer reviewed journals with more than 300 citations;
- Leader of the R&D office in the Portuguese Task Group for the Extension of the Continental Shelf (during 7 years) - coordinated the Deep water ROV LUSO operationalization project, the marine Biodiversity Information System and the geoscientific component of the Portuguese submission to the UN for the extension of the continental Shelf in the framework of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS);
- Participated the drafting of National Ocean Strategy 2014-2020 and action plan and the European Union Strategy for the Atlantic Basin;
- National Delegate to H2020SC2 Programming Committee and ICES;
- Presently engaged in the strategic board of the Blue Med Initiative, and Atlantic Seabed International Mapping Expert Work Group.
- Lecturer of the Mathematics Department at the School for Technology and Management of the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria and a Research Member of the Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development (CDRSP) of the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria;
- PhD in Biophysics and Biomedical Engineering by the University of Lisbon, Portugal;
- Master of Science in Pure Mathematics (Numerical Analysis and Computational Mathematics) by the University of Lisbon, Portugal;
- Head of the R&D Computational and Mathematical Methods Research Team at the CDRSP;
- Co-edited 2 books, authored and co-authored more than 30 papers published in international journals and international conferences;
- Member of the Editorial Board in several international peer-review journals and was received already two science awards from the international society of biomechanics and the national society of neurology;
- Participates in several different national and international research projects (FCT, ANI, Mobilizador, Erasmus +, Interreg-Sudoe) and she is currently the Principal Investigator of the FCT Project Stimuli2BioScaffold – Stimuli modelling for BioScaffolds: from numerical modelling to in vitro tests;
- Part of the direction board of OPEN – Business Specific Opportunities which is a non-profit private institution, created in November 2002 for the promotion of innovation and employment through several different actions held in Marinha Grande, Portugal (ended 2018);
- Mentor of an entrepreneurship Programme called MATERIALIZA that is now on its 2nd edition that intends to transform business technological ideas into successful startups companies;
- She is member of the Director Board of the Portuguese Mathematics Society.
Vitor Manuel dos Ramos Caldeirinha
- Ph.D. in Port Management, Évora University, Portugal;
- MBA in Management, Lisbon University / ISEG, Portugal;
- Published port management papers in international ISI scientific journals, three books on Port Management and he is port consultant;
- Professor of Logistics and Port Strategy and Management (Portuguese Nautical School, ISEG, Polytechnic of Setúbal and Shortsea School of Barcelona);
- President of Port of Setúbal Authority (Portugal) and of Ports of Portugal Association (2013-2016);
- President of integrated transport association (ADFERSIT, Lisbon, Portugal) (2012-2013);
- Presently director at Port of Setúbal Authority (Portugal).